With this energy proposal the government shows the way to 50 % renewable energy in 2050 as well as making the energy cheaper for the Danes.
Key results in the energy proposal
- Establishes a roadmap for achieving the government’s goal of at least 50% renewable energy in 2030.
- Concrete initiatives amounting to approximately DKK 15 billion, which include expanding of renewable energy for a total of DKK 4.2 billion.
- Immediate easing of taxes on electricity and taxes on electricity for heating purposes for more than DKK 3.5 billion in 2025.
- An additional DKK 500 million annually to a renewable energy reserve from 2025.
- Charts a new course towards a marketbased energy system, laying the groundwork for a future where sustainable energy can be established without subsidies.
- Promotes a better climate and helps to meet Denmark’s climate obligations in non-ETS sectors with a 1.1-1.5 million tonne reduction in carbon dioxide emissions.
- Accelerates the phase-out of coal through a modernisation of the heating sector.
The Energy Proposal: "Energy for a green Denmark"
"Denmark: energy and climate pioneer" - Status of the green transition